Quality Assurance Specialist
in US - CA - Hawthorne
OSI Systems companies have a long history of developing innovative solutions to bring a better quality of life to the world. Healthcare, security and defense are among the key markets where we have made significant inroads with new ideas, products and processes. We know that many people live in difficult and dangerous conditions. To improve these circumstances, experts need simple, effective tools utilizing the latest in technology.
As a global company, we are dedicated to developing these tools for our customers and the people they serve worldwide. Our singular focus is to help security experts, clinical professionals and high-tech developers solve real-world problems and issues. Our OSI Optoelectronics (OSIO) division is a diversified manufacturer of electronic devices and value-added manufacturing services for use in a broad range of applications, including aerospace and defense electronics, security and inspection systems, and medical monitoring and diagnostics.
The QA Specialist will assist in the execution of the quality assurance strategy to ensure product flow consistent with established industry standards, government regulations and customer requirements. Participates in the execution of the defined strategic quality plan in conjunction with Quality functional leadership
Provides quality assurance support to internal functional departments and participates in continuous improvement activities in targeted areas.
- Conducts auditing of internal Quality Systems and may assist in the modification of QMS documentation to assure that customer and regulatory requirements are met.
- Participates in improvement teams in the development and evaluation, analysis of root cause and corrective action processes.
- Participates in the effort to address and reduce customer complaints through effective root cause investigations and corrective action as required.
- Participates with site initiatives, participating on teams in order to drive best practices.
- Collects and analyzes organizational quality metrics and performs reviews to evaluate results.
- Uphold the company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- It is the responsibility of every employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
- Associates degree from a recognized institution or 1 - 3 years of working experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent professional knowledge. Aerospace and/or Medical Device experience a plus.
- Basic understanding of problem solving methods – i.e., 8D, root cause analysis, and the associated statistical tools used to analyze problems, evaluate and complete improvement projects, helpful.
- Knowledge of process auditing techniques to ensure compliance to defined quality requirements.
- Basic understanding of AS9100, ISO 9001, or ISO 13485 standards, preferred.
- Creative problem solving, flexibility and good negotiation skills.
- Ability to multitask and drive practical results to a timely conclusion.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer skills: MS Office Applications, Enterprise database systems or equivalent.
- Ability to speak in front of small audiences.
- Ability to effectively read, write and communicate using the English language
- Must be US Persons based on ITAR definition (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)*
*This position is expected to be exposed to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is the Law
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.