Senior Human Resources Manager
in US - CA - Hawthorne
OSI Systems companies have a long history of developing innovative solutions to bring a better quality of life to the world. Healthcare, security and defense are among the key markets where we have made significant inroads with new ideas, products and processes. We know that many people live in difficult and dangerous conditions. To improve these circumstances, experts need simple, effective tools utilizing the latest in technology.
As a global company, we are dedicated to developing these tools for our customers and the people they serve worldwide. Our singular focus is to help security experts, clinical professionals and high-tech developers solve real-world problems and issues. Our OSI Electronics (OSIE) division is a diversified manufacturer of electronic devices and value-added manufacturing services for use in a broad range of applications, including aerospace and defense electronics, security and inspection systems, and medical monitoring and diagnostics.
This position will be responsible for managing, planning, and directing a comprehensive human resources program to include, but not limited to, recruitment and selection, immigration, employee relations, employee engagement, development, employment law and policy implementation. This position directs and coordinates human resources activities for the Opto Group North America, consisting of about 500 employees, covering 4 states and multiple locations. The incumbent will be based out of the Hawthorne facility.
TALENT MANAGEMENT/TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- Oversee performance management process in support of OSI’s strategic goals; identify and execute program improvements.
- Identify top performers and ensure that robust development programs are initiated and implemented to retain talent.
- Achieve annual targeted improvements to voluntary turnover by implementing employee engagement strategies across the business.
- Serve as Sr. Management “people expert” as it relates to talent assessment, employee relations and employee engagement.
- Develop and execute operational training programs to support process and skill continuity as workforce evolves.
- Provide guidance and support to proactive employee relations initiatives to improve employee engagement and prevent employment liability.
- Ensure that situational employee relations are administered equitably across the business, consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Identify employee relation trends for leadership training opportunities.
- Serve as advisor and SME to Sr. Management; provide updates on significant employee relation matters.
- Manage & maintain immigration sponsorship efforts.
- Work with Talent Acquisition team to drive recruitment and retention plan designed to support operational effectiveness over time.
- Provide guidance and support to site-specific recruitment and retention initiatives.
- Continuously evaluate OSI employment policies and procedures in accordance with evolving business needs; make recommendations for change as necessary.
- Partner with other human resource personnel to provide alignment across OSI in execution of HR strategy.
- Develop and mentor site HR Generalist to ensure highest level of HR leadership at all facilities.
- Participate in continuing educational opportunities to maintain knowledge of HR best practices and legal updates.
- Develop and facilitate leadership training for leaders.
- Publish HR metrics to evaluate effectiveness of functional programs.
- Uphold the company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct
- It is the responsibility of every employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem
- Ensure that direct report(s) are trained and evaluated on their knowledge and adherence to the company’s values, Code of Ethics and Conduct, and applicable compliance policies.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or HR Management, and 7-10 years’ experience in Human Resources Management, or the equivalent in training, education and experience.
- PHR, SPHR Certification preferred.
- Multi-site manufacturing HR management experience preferred.
- Bilingual – Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work effectively in a team based environment.
- Superior communication skills, including written and oral skills, with strong listening and investigative abilities.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions one-on-one from groups or individuals.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Must be highly ethical, have strong integrity, and use value based decision-making. Must be trusted and regarded with respect by OSI employees.
- In-depth knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations related to HR management.
- Must function effectively, with cooperative and friendly manner at all levels of the organization.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is the Law
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.